The Empire E-Vents Goggle System is a new, low profile goggle system designed to present the minimum target. Made of soft and flexible material for comfort, the streamlined design keeps you in the game by minimizing glancing/bouncing paintballs. The soft faceplate is reinforced by a flexible yet strong mouth guard which allows the front of the mask to flex on impact, but stops full paintballs from pushing through or lifting it up. It protects your lips and mouth. These goggles have a special venting system designed to work functionally with the way you breathe. The mouth vents are located so you breathe and shout through the vents rather than into a large mass of plastic or rubber as with other goggle systems. As your breath hits the front of the mask, it either exits directly or is deflected sideways and outwards. There are specially shaped vents which take the deflected breath and move it out from the face plate. These specially shaped vents project your voice and warm breath out to the sides, and not up into the goggle. As your breathing warms the front of the mask, it heats up dry air in the demist guide. This demist guide is specially designed to prevent hot moist air from your breath getting through vents in the bottom of the goggle. Instead, the heat is transferred to dry air in the demist guide making it rise and move up across the lens of the goggle. As this air rises, it draws in fresh, dryer air from the back and sides of the goggle. This allows you to have a flow of air across the lens to help avoid fogging, while ensuring no moist air gets from your breath into the lens area. Side baffles in the faceplate prevent warm moist air from moving up into the goggle so your voice and hot air is expelled in the direction you want it to… out through the mask. The ear pieces are designed to cup around your ears so your ears can sit in a very natural position and your hearing with the goggle on is just like it was without the goggle.
- Empire goggles come with removable soft ear pieces and an even lower profile faceplate for the maximum reduction in target, and ultimate cool factor.
- The lens system is very advanced and optically correct. Although, at first glance it looks like a flat lens, it actually changes in thickness to maintain the best optical quality possible. The power imbalance, which means how your eyes see straight ahead, is 0.00 for both Spherical power imbalance and Astigmatic power imbalance (the value is so small it can’t be read with conventional testing equipment). What does this mean? It means what you are seeing is really where you think it is, so you can be more accurate in your shooting.
- The lens is an extremely safe and incorporates the quick release system. It can be replaced in seconds, yet is held very securely into the mask and frame. Unlike other quick release systems, the Empire E-Vents lens fits in under the nose piece. This means the nose area doesn’t deflect in when shot, so it prevents the ingress of paint into the goggle under the lens. To further lock the lens into place, there is a tongue and groove around the edge of the lens and goggle. This prevents shots at the edge of the lens forcing paint up into the goggle and helps maintain a high safety factor.
- The goggle has the ability to add the included visor or brow shield. These are made of flexible material and are easy to fit or remove without the use of tools, and with no other separate small pieces to get lost in your kit bag.
- Each goggle comes with a high quality strap with silicone beading to help keep the mask from shifing on your head.