The Byrna EP (Essential Pistol) shown here in orange, provides users with a no-frills all business self-defense tool at the most affordable price of any of the Byrna .68 caliber launchers. The Byrna EP is 0.375 inches narrower than the Byrna SD but uses the same form factor and patented pull-pierce technology as the SD. The EP is attractive to firearm enthusiasts that are used to handguns without an external safety. Removing the safety eliminates the number one user error - trying to fire the pistol without disengaging the safety.
BYRNA EP FEATURES:
- PATENTED PULL-PIERCE TECHNOLOGY: CO2 is stored in the launcher unpunctured until the first trigger pull. On first trigger pull the CO2 is punctured and a projectile is launched simultaneously.
- OUR MOST COMPACT PISTOL: The Byrna EP is 0.375 inches narrower than the Byrna SD as a result of removing the external safety. The Byrna EP is the same length and form factor as the Byrna SD.
- NO EXTERNAL SAFETY: If needed, the EP is ready to be used without the need to disengage the safety.
- CARRY "ON-BODY": The Byrna EP's compact frame makes it much easier to carry "on-body" keeping you armed with a less-lethal option while on the go.
RESTRICTED SHIPPING: This item can not be shipped to California, New York, or Washington D.C. See our Kinetic package options for those states.
The Byrna EP Basic pistol, shown here in the black color, is a Less Lethal pistol that can be effective in stopping at attacker whether human or animal. Powered by compressed air (a CO2 cylinder), the Byrna EP shoots .68 caliber round kinetic and/or chemical irritant projectiles that can disable a threat from up to 60-feet away. The Byrna EP pistol is the successor of the Byrna HD. The EP has been re-engineered for optimal performance. It is an incredibly powerful and non-lethal self-defense weapon with no recoil so anyone can use this. The Byrna EP is not classified as a firearm therefore does not require a permit or background check to own. You must be 18 or older to purchase.
*The difference between the EP and SD model - The EP version (this model) does not have an external safety switch. Also this is a basic kit so it only includes one magazine, one co2, 5 pepper projectiles, and a box (no case)
FEATURES OF BYRNA SD PEPPER KIT:
- Up to 300 feet per second (204 MPH) projectile speed
- Ergonomic honeycomb grip for better control in all conditions
- Improved sights for faster target acquisition
- Straight trigger with a 6.5 lb. trigger pull weight on the second shot and smoother press
- No external safety
Our Byrna EP Pepper Kit comes in a protective, zippered carrying case with everything you need to get started:
- One (1) Byrna EP Launcher
- One (1) 5-Round Magazine
- One (1) Byrna 8-Gram CO2 Cylinder
- One (1) 5-Round Tube of Byrna Pepper Projectiles
- Ships in a box (no case)
Byrna EP Pistol Features:
Picatinny Rail for mounting accessories
Honeycomb over-molded grip for better control
Muzzle Velocity – 265 fps average*
Kinetic Energy – 9.8 joules*
Shot Capacity per CO2 – 25 shots**
Effective Range – 60 feet
WHAT IS THE MAX POWER AND SPEED OF THE BYRNA EP?
- The maximum speed of the Byrna EP is 300 feet per second (265 FPS avg)
- The maximum Kinetic Energy of the Byrna EP is 12.5 joules (9.8 joules avg)
WHAT SIZE CO2 CYLINDER DOES THE BYRNA EP USE?
- The Byrna EP launcher uses an 8 gram co2 cylinder
- *The Byrna EP launcher will not function with a 12 gram co2 cylinder unless the Byrna Boost adapter is installed.
HOW MANY SHOTS DOES THE BYRNA EP FIRE FROM A SINGLE CO2 CYLINDER?
- The Byrna EP launcher will fire up to 25 shots per 8 gram co2 cylinder
HOW LONG WILL MY CO2 CYLINDER LAST ONCE INSTALLED IN MY LAUNCHER?
- One of the most important things that sets Byrna's handheld launchers apart from the competition is Byrna's patented "pull-pierce" technology. This enables the Byrna Launcher to simultaneously pierce the CO2 cylinder and fire a projectile with the first pull of the trigger. Why is this important? This allows your Byrna to sit for days, weeks, months and still be ready to fire on the first pull of the trigger. Once pierced, the CO2 will start to leak out, fully discharging over the next 24 to 48 hours leaving the launcher inoperable. With the Byrna, you can leave your launcher fully loaded, in your glove box or nightstand, knowing it will be ready to fire when needed on the very first pull of the trigger.
WHAT IS THE EFFECTIVE RANGE OF THE BYRNA EP?
- The Byrna EP has an effective range of up to 60 feet. The Byrna EP's effective range is 4 times that of a standard stun gun or pepper spray.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SD AND EP VERSIONS?
- The only difference between the Byrna EP Less Lethal Launcher and the Byrna SD is that the Byrna EP DOES NOT have an external safety. Maximum power and speed measurables are identical between the EP and the SD. The EP Launcher and SD Launcher bodies are the same overall size. The EP is slightly thinner than the SD Launcher because there is no external safety.
Caliber: .68 / 17.35mm
Projectile Type: Roundball
Loaded Weight: 1.3lbs/590g
Magazine Capacity: 5 rounds
Receiver Materials: Glass filled Nylon
Internal Materials: Aluminum, Stainless Steel
Propulsion: 8 gram co2
Average muzzle velocity: 265 fps
Maximum muzzle velocity: 300 fps
Average Kinetic Energy: 9.8 joules
Maximum Kinetic Energy: 12.5 joules
Effective Range: 60'/18.2 meters
Shot Capacity on single co2: 25
Operating temperature range: 20-120 Deg F